Products and services for the blind and visually impaired
+ Enlarge Text Size
- Reduce Text Size
Acoustic Hood Basic
The Acoustic Hood Basic provides a cost-effective solution for housing the natural noise made when embossing braille with a braille embosser.
Specifically designed for the Index Basic-D V4 and V5 models, this desktop Acoustic Hood is suitable for standard braille production in any office or classroom like environment offering pleasant noise level.
Providing an experience of over a 90% noise reduction and combined with a modern and attractive design, Acoustic Hood Basic is the preferred choice for your Index embosser.
Contact us at
- The Basic Hood collects and stores 100 pages of braille paper.
- Noise level only 63 (dB)
- Unique paper cutter included
- Delivered ready to be used
- Ventilation using the embosser fan
- Support with the latest firmware version
- Dominating hardware materials: Painted MDF Board (MDF=Medium Density Fiberboard), hardened glass and aluminum profiles.
Weight & Dimensions
- Net size (W x D x H): 60 x 36 x 62 cm
- Net weight: 19.6 kg
- Shipping size (W x D x H): 71 x 50 x 79 cm
- Shipping weight: 25 kg
- Paper cutter: Razor blade-based
- Paper: Holds approximately 100 sheets of paper