Index Everest-D V5 Braille Printer
BAUM Engineering Company is the distributor for Romania for Index Braille products, which will provide service during the warranty period.
Everest-D V5 is the most popular Braille printer, because of its robustness and performance. It is a embosser because it deforms the paper, without actually printing on it.
Contact us at
The following items are included in shipment:
- Braille printer
- User manual
- Power Cord
- Index USB memory stick
- USB cord
- USB extension cord for USB memory stick
- External power supply
- Transport locks
The embosser is ready to be used out of the box.
Double sided printing mode, with interlaced dots, allows paper economy and creates compact documents.
The embosser is shipped with BrailleApp (a web application for Braille Editing), which is free.
This application translates, formats and adjusts automatically the text for Braille printing.
BrailleApp includes all basic functions for editing. It allows editing the most common types of document formats like Office (DOCX, DOC), PDF, EPUB, DXB and many more.
BrailleApp runs directly into the browser.
The BrailleApp is available when the V5 printer is connected to a network (wired or WiFi). Simply type the IP address of the printer in the search window of the browser. The BrailleApp is now presented on your device.
Everest-D V5 has the following specifications:
- Paper width: 130-297 mm
- Paper length: 120-590 mm
- Paper weitght: 120-180 g/m2
- Characters per line: max 42
- Tactile resolution: 20 DPI
- Cut sheet fed
- Single-sided and double-sided printing
- Vertical printing (booklet)
- The control panel is written in Braille and responds with audio messages
- 8 dot, 6 dot or graphic printing.
- Printing speed: 140 CPS (characters/second)
- Communication: USB, USB memory stick, Wi-Fi network, Wired Network, Bluetooth, Supports mobile devices, printer drivers for Windows, Mac and Linux,
Web interface, free firmware upgrade, supports idB
- Dimensions: 56 x 18 x 45 cm
- Weight: 12 kg
- Power: 5 W in standby, 140 W in usage
- Noise level: 80 dB
- Noise level with acoustic protection: 60 dB